Saturday 5 July 2014

Bringing Abuse's Aftermath to Jesus


While God and I were addressing the life-long lie that “I am ‘too bad’ to be loved, helped or understood,” Jesus brought an answer to my cry which set so much of it straight, despite the need to look at some deeper things further….
“I planned you before the world began, and have loved you with an everlasting love. I have understood you since the time I was forming you in the womb; and it is because of My Presence, sustenance and divine aid that you survived everything adversely painful throughout your life. Though man has not always understood, or known how to love and help you, yet I the Lord can never fail you!”
 “Lord, why in all these years did Your people not love, help or understand my shatters and agony, but rather judged and condemned me?”
His reply… “Because My people are human they have often misrepresented Me and My love, relying on their own understanding instead of Mine. Only I, the Lord, have seen your bruised and bleeding heart so ripped and torn by the experiences of abuse and rejection, and only I have understood. I have walked the road before you, but none of these others have come close.”
 “Lord, I choose to renounce the lie that ‘I am too bad to be helped, loved or understood, and I acknowledge that You have done all these things for me. Lord, will You break this lie by the blood of Jesus and take back all the ground given to Satan through it; and Jesus, will You break all the effects this may have had on my children and husband, and retrieve that ground also? Please will You forgive me, Jesus?”
“My child, I will forgive, receive you and reclaim all the ground that the enemy stole. I will also exchange the lie for My divine truth which is: I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with the cords of love, and I will keep thee as the apple of My eye. Though weeping has endured many nights and years, My joy comes in the morning."



No comments:

Post a Comment