Sunday 28 December 2014

Dawning of a New Year


“I Will Take You By the Hand”

A field of snow all white and clean -
With awe I view its glistening sheen:
No tracks I see, just purest white,
Which glimmers even in the night.

Just so, each morning dawns so clear,
With yet no tracks of dirt or smear;
An opportunity from God
To choose just how it will be trod.

A field of white is each New Year,
Which as of yet has no shed tear;
And at the threshold of its door
Stands Christ with all His treasure store.

His offer stands so true and strong,
“I’d love, with you, to walk along;
To be your Guide each day and night,
Your Refuge, Strength and leading Light.

For every step I have rich grace
To pour on hardships you may face;
My love, unending, will surround
Your every step in un-trod ground.

So at the dawn of this New Year,
I welcome you, My child, Come near:
 For I will take you by the hand
And lead you to a better land!
Keturah

No comments:

Post a Comment