Friday 22 August 2014

Roses Midst the Thorns


Though my path lead through the roses,
Where thorns may pierce me sore:
When stark anguish round me poses-
I can’t take one step more…

Then my Jesus comes beside me,
Midst shades of gath’ring night,
“My dear child, I walk beside thee,
Upon thy path shed light!

Though sharp thorns may hem thy pathway,
And trials bring great pain-
Though the storm clouds make a dark day,
Sufficient grace doth rain.

For the rainbow of My promise
Above thee, child, I raise,
And will span each darkened abyss,
As grace crowns all thy ways!

Look, My child, beyond the thorned trail
To roses fair and bright-
Look beyond the shades of dark vale,
To sunshine of My light!

For midst thorns, there’s blooming fragrance
Of beauty, grace and love;
Through the valley’s painful entrance,
My hand guides from above!

My dear child, I’ll not forsake thee,
Though thorns may pierce thy feet,
Thy eternal best your Lord sees-

His work in thee completes!”

No comments:

Post a Comment